Christine's profile



Boujour! I am Christine,  going to be 20 years old this year. Well, I was born in 19th June 1991 in my hometown Ipoh, Malaysia. Everything I do, I am trying to make my life becoming extraordinary. Not only books, not only exams, not only shops, we have a purpose in life ever since we are born and this must be a unique one. Many things interest me, I like reading books since preschool, until today I have read a variety of books such as detective series, self-help books and novels which about life and death:  Tuesday With Morrie, Five People You Meet In Heaven and One More Day by Mitch Albom.
 <Five People you meet in heaven> by Mitch Albom, 2004


<Tuesday with Morrie> by Mitch Albom, 2006




Apart from that, I enjoy in music as well, not only in listening to music, singing is also my other favorite thing that I usually do all the time. Berthold Auerbach once said, ‘music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life (n.d.). For me, music is unique. I am a choir member of my church, hence I realize how amazing music can be when it is being played. It can be touching, joyous, harmony and so forth.
playing guitar is also my favorite thing to do:)

My choir performance during Christmas in 2010







Besides, I am a person who always likes to listen to people especially when they share their experience, plight or worries and etc. I can be a good listener by listening to others with patience. Meanwhile, I can talk with confidence as well. I took part in many public speaking competitions before within my state and my country. The public speaking competitions I participated involved different language skills hence I can speak English, Chinese and Malay fluently. 

 
My national trilingual speech competition in 2006

Apart from that, I am an active person in schools and colleges. I took part in many activities for instance stage performances like singing, dancing, drama and so forth. I held as a Vice president in my clubs in schools and university thus I have experience in planning and organizing events and activities. I believe the events in my life have sharpen my skills, broaden my knowledge, made me to become more mature and think in different angles, which are really significant in the rest of my life.


A capella performance for a charity night!

For my dream, I wish one day I could go to England to watch the live match of my favorite football team, Liverpool and can take photo with all the Liverpool players. Besides, I wish to involve in performing arts as well 'cause I enjoy in acting, filming, singing and dancing. I wish one day after I complete or during my study of PhD in United States, I could use my knowledge and experience to help those who are in need, especially those suffered from mental illnesses. I wish I could be a child clinical psychologist. Actually, I help taking care kids in my church during Sunday school and I notice that children with autism, ADHD and so forth are getting common nowadays but children like this are really talented. For example I came across a child with autism and I realized he can actually paint well than other children with only 5 years old. I wish I could help children like this by not only recovering from the disorders but can use their talents wisely in different way.
However, before I took the path of psychology, I have no idea what to do after my graduation and I did not have direction in my future. Every time I read the news of natural disaster in several countries, my sympathy urged me to help the victims in that disaster area. One day, I read an article about sending psychologists to the disaster area to help the victims especially by recovering them from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Meanwhile, I read about serving God by giving a helping hand to the weak. Then I realized this would be a great opportunity and I wanted to make it as my dream by being a psychologist to help those who are in need.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment