Priscilla's profile


      
          Shalom dear readers, my name is Priscilla Tan Mei Ee. I was born on the 13th of April 1990 which makes me 21 years old this year. I am from Malaysia and I was born and raised in Melaka. I am the eldest in the family and so I have to take care of both my younger sister and make my parents proud. I am Chinese and I’m a Christian. My occupation at the moment is a student of psychology in Help University, which means that I battle with managing time for my assignments and managing time for relaxations.
                
 My interests can be divided into two main categories. The linguistic category and the artistic category. In the linguistic category, there is reading and writing. I love to read fiction books compare to non-fiction books. Most of the fiction books I choose to read leans towards mystery solving and fantasy. I find books based on mysteries very engaging and I would try solving the mysteries as I read on. I have a vivid imagination and this enables me to create and picture characters and scenes in books based on fantasy, and I could dive in and experience the words written in fantasy book. My favorite books are Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter and books written by Agatha Christie.


The music team and I performing for a Christian Wedding
 Because of my love towards reading, this spurs me to write my own stories as well. I love writing happy ending in my stories and most of my stories are fantasy based so it is very descriptive. I also write poems. I published some of my stories and poems in my school magazine and one of my stories was chosen to be the script of my school’s English Drama Club and we won the best script in competition and got second place in the competition.
        In the artistic category, there is music, dancing and drama. I can play the piano and guitar, and I can also sing adequately. I am in the music team in our church. I love music because it is an excellent way to express emotions and it is a very good way to relax.                                                 
 
Christmas Dance 2008


I love to dance contemporary dances and the occasionally hip hop and tambourine dances. In dancing, it is so easy to just forget about your troubles and just lose yourself in the music and movement. I have performed many times in my church during Christmas, Easter and Good Friday.


English Drama Competition 2008, Champion in the state of Melaka

Drama was an interest that I pick up during high school. I was chosen to be one of the members in the English Drama Club and I find it enjoyable to act and to portray different characters. We once represented the states of Melaka in the national competition but unfortunately we did not win.
I, like everyone else, love to day dream about things I would want in the future that are most probably not going to happen. However, there are certain dreams that I am determine to see come through in the future. One of those dreams is to be well off and comfortable in life. I do not wish to be too rich because I think that would make me take things for granted and I would be less grateful for things that I have. I would be content to have enough money to support my family and my parents and to indulge myself occasionally in things that I love.
                Another dream of mine is to be successful in life before I’m 40 years old. I plan on being a well known and successful Child Psychologist or Counselor and having my own practice so that I can be in charge of my own career. I plan to stop working after 40 years old and travel the world to give talks and seminars to those who need them.
                I believe it is every woman’s dream to one day have our own family and I’m not excluded in this dream. I wish to one day have a good husband and have children with the person I love. I do not want to be alone when I’m older. I want someone to spend time with, someone to talk to and someone to share my experience in life. There is no time frame for this dream as I believe that you will meet that special someone when you meet them and not a moment sooner or later.
        Last but not least, I aspire to be a successful Child Psychologist or a Counselor for children and teenagers. The reason why I have this ambition is because I see that many children and teenagers are facing stress, pressure and high expectations from their family and society. I have seen many people that I known not able to carry this kind of burden on their shoulder for long and eventually crack under the weight of the pressure. Most children and teenagers nowadays also have parents that are busy working and do not have time to spend with their children and so they lack the bonds and affection of families. I want to be the one person whom the children and teenager can turn to and trust. I want them to be able to express their feeling in a more positive and constructive way instead of the destructive way like taking drugs, cutting themselves, running away from home, drinking or committing suicide. I want them to know that there is someone who cares and that someone does not mind listening to them rant and rave and will just be there for them. I want to teach and guide these children and teens and to let them see that there are more to life. With God’s grace I might be able to save these troubled children and teens and enable them to live life to their fullest.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment