Wenqi Teoh's Profile


I am a girl who has dream and goal; I desire to have an extraordinary life and lives with no worries in my future. I am from an average family, but I do not own average education. My parents are very much concern about my education. They think that having knowledge is far more important than just having the unrealistic wealth. 





The above is the picture that I took with my family when we went to Beijing on February this year. 
My name is Teoh Wen Qi, turning 21 years old on December 26th. My hometown is Johor Bahru, a city that is just a few kilometres away from Singapore. I am Chinese and proudly tell people that I am Chinese educated. I think that it is a bit shamed and pity if a Chinese does not know how to speak his or her own language. However, sometimes I wish I were English educated and I would have had a better communication skill in English. I am still proud of my language and I am able to write and communicate fairly fair in English as well. I have a lot of dreams and goals; there are big one and small one. I try to motivate myself every seconds to keep me awake of pursuing my dreams. I hope that I would eventually achieve what I expect to achieve.

I started reading motivational and inspirations books when the first time I went to my friend’s aunt house. She reads all sort kinds of books every day before she get to sleep. Apart from that, she also introduced several books to us as those books are inspirational books. Started from that day, I love to read and buy different self-help and motivational books.

One of my favourite books is “How to get from where you are to where you want to be?” which written by Jack Canfield. By reading motivational books, I would be able to keep on the right track towards my dreams and goals. There are 25 principles of success that lead me to visualize and pursuit my goal and vision. In pertaining to that, the book would also unleash my mind and the way I set my goal.

Dreams are considered a vague and unclear goal that people would want to archive in one day. . An interesting quote from E.J. Bartek that I would like to share when we talk about dreams and goals is “Having a goal is a state of happiness.” This is apparently very true as there would have not any inducement that made them live with purpose. It is very important to know that how many people have eventually achieved their dreams at the end. Hence, we should not only have a series of great dreams but we have to transform our dreams into a goal with deadline People work better and more efficient if they were given limited time to accomplish the work. Undoubted, the concept just perfectly apply on each individual to working on their goals or dreams. I like to have great and enormous dreams as well as goals for my future. From my point of views, the goals that I have set would make me keep on track of what I am doing and behaving now.

 
My goal that I have now is I would like to be a Buzan Licensed Instructor in one day. However, this is not only a dream but I have set a deadline for this goal which I wish I can get the license before I graduated from bachelor degree. I am passionate in doing mind mapping and I would really want to share and teach this ultimate thinking tool to people around me. I am glad that I had the chance to meet the inventor of Mind-map, Tony Buzan on March of this year. His gave an inspiring seminar and benefits me a lot.

In addition, I would also like to pursue my studies on the field of educational psychology. However, I know that I would not have the financial abilities to study master overseas. Therefore, I must buck up and work harder in order to get good grades to be qualified to apply scholarships for my master programme. By having a clear goal, I have the sense of direction and motivations to do everything that are meaningful for me. I really appreciate that I could have the clear idea of what I want and never confused by the others.



This is one of the Mind map that I have drawn, I use Mind map on my study and a lot of other usage such as trip planning, event organising and a great tool for brainstorming.

As the saying goes, “success is 1% aspiration and 99% perspiration.” Although perspiration seems playing a heavy part than aspiration, success would have not happened if there were no aspiration. One of my aspiration was came from a secondary school friend, she gave me a lot of enlighten on what should I do in future. When we were studying together, we talked about our plan and our future. I was not sure about what I was going to study at that time. However, through the way she talked to me, she inspired me about the important of choosing a subject that I really passionate on. After I had been exploring all different kinds of pathway, I finally decided to pursue degree in psychology as my undergraduate education. My aspirations are not only to graduate from degree in psychology but also be able to get into master program in educational psychology. Hence, in order to achieve my aspiration, I have to put more effort on my studies and explore as much knowledge as I can when I am studying my degree in these three years.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment